University of Sydney International Scholarships
The aim of this scholarship is to draw excellent postgraduate students to the university in order for them to undertake top notch research to boost the University’s research reputation. All postgraduate students applying to study in the University can apply for the scholarship.
To be eligible for the scholarship, these are key criterion:
• Be an international student beginning full time program in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at the University of Sydney. Students who are already admitted in the University of Sydney may also be considered as long as they have not spent more than six months in the university.
• Pursue a course in an area that has been earmarked by the university as an area demanding research.
• Applicant should not hold a research degree seen by the university as of the same level as an Australian Research Doctorate degree. This applies to those studying for a Research Master’s degree too.
• Candidate should not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years leading to the beginning of the RTP Fee Scholarship.
• Candidate should not have been awarded an RTP Fee Scholarship unless the aforementioned scholarship was for a Master’s Degree that the applicant has progressed from and is now looking at topping it up with a PhD.
• Applicant should not have applied for the scholarship more than three times in the last five years
The deadline for this scholarship is set at the same deadline for admission into their postgraduate courses all year round. It closes when their admissions close.
The USydIS will take care of the tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years with a possibility of one semester’s extension for PhD students.
Instructions for application
This scholarship is embedded in the regular application process of the university; the applicant need not apply for it separately. Scholarships can be applied for anytime but are available for the March and July admissions since they are the Research period admissions.